Having already announced the return of ‘The Boat’ stage and with daily reveals of talent being rolled out over the past last week, MYSTERYLAND USA is now unveiling the second wave of talent for the third annual MYSTERYLAND USA. More than 40 artists--just added acts include Allan Kingdom, Art Department, Derrick Carter, Flat White, Francesca Lombardo (live), Hercules & Love Affair, Hudson Mohawke, Jimmy Edgar, J Phlip, Joris Voorn, Kerri Chandler, Lido, Matthew Dear (DJ set), Moodymann, Ryan Hemsworth, TYDolla $ign and XXYYXX with additional talent to be announced in the coming weeks--are set to join headliners Odesza (Friday), Skrillex (Saturday) and Bassnectar (Sunday) for New York’s music, culture & arts festival. It’s all set to happen June 10-13, 2016 at the Bethel Woods Center For The Arts (home of the legendary 1969 Woodstock festival) in Bethel, New York.
This year’s model of ‘The Boat’--which has also made appearances at Mysteryland events in the Netherlands, Chile and U.S.--will return to MYSTERYLAND USA with a new dragon-style design. Dancing Astronaut (3/24), recently described the stage: “The Boat never fails to hype up its sea of devotees, filling out the hilltop for innumerable had-to-be-there moments. Reputed among fans as the festival’s more eclectic-leaning stage, The Boat is known to attract genres along the lines of hip-hop, future funk, bass and trap.”
Those headed to MYSTERYLAND can expect an unparalleled experience with a speakers program curated and hosted by NPR personality, Anya Kamenetz, The Healing Garden’s restorative powers, curated by Sarah Schroder and back by popular demand, the Incendia 50’ fire dome illuminating the night sky. The House of Yes, BangOn!NYC and Dripped On Productions are all also on board to add a little extra magic to the MYSTERYLAND atmosphere.
- Topics of exploration in the speakers programs include discussions on the mysteries of dreams, creativity, sex, and other elements of festival culture
- The Healing Garden’s teepees and tents will return for a full weekend of yoga, healing, meditations, and workshops, led by Sarah Schroder, who has curated Mysteryland’s Healing Garden for over a decade in both the US and Netherlands
- Back by popular demand, the Incendia 50’ fire dome will illuminate the night with its breathtaking flame effects and fire performers
- The House of Yes, Brooklyn’s premier circus and performance art venue will choreograph daily parades, spectacles and variety shows
- BangOn!NYC brings the Brooklyn warehouse party atmosphere to Bethel Woods, with a flotilla of glowing sculptures, line-up of loft party heroes and New York’s finest party people
- Dripped On Productions--an urban art company founded by artists BKLYN Neville & Denton Burrows--will offer a variety of unique interactive offerings including: Dripped On (featuring live painting, body painting and dope beats) and DO Graff City (Dripped On Artists will provide body painting and "design your own" graffiti hats and t-shirts)
A variety of ticket, camping and travel packages are on sale now, with 1/3 payment plan options ending tonight (April 4th) at Midnight EST, and 50/50 payment plans available through Saturday, April 30. Prices range from $234 for a NOMAD three-day GA pass to $319 for a GA pass with camping; premium three day, $444 to platinum VIP, plus camping, $849. For those looking for a ready-made experience, packages include NOMAD three-day, plus a Mysteryland branded pre-set up tent (with a two-person air bed and two sleeping bags located in the Easy Tent Community of the on-site Holy Ground campgrounds), $899 to a fully accommodated authentic Catskills mountain resort complete with accommodations for three nights, price upon request. On-site camping is 21+ only. Off-site camping options (19+) are available at Mysteryland.us. Additionally, shuttle services to the festival site are available from Albany in Upstate NY, JFK, LGA and Newark airports and Grand Central Station in Manhattan. Other festival options include travel packages, parking passes, locker and power rentals and group “Friendship Camping” in the Holy Ground campgrounds that can accommodate between 10-12 people.
MYSTERYLAND is the longest running electronic music, culture and arts festival in the world, active since 1993 with international editions in Chile, the Netherlands and the United States.
June 10-13, 2016
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
Bethel, New York
Mysteryland dates back to 1993 and is now the world’s longest-running dance festival. With a clear focus on culture, art, talent, creativity and sustainability, the festival takes visitors to inspiring and surprising worlds where literally anything is possible. The first international edition of Mysteryland was held in Chile in 2011. In May of 2014, Mysteryland made its USA debut at the site of the legendary 1969 Woodstock Festival and now returns for its second edition. Mysteryland is an ID&T concept.