Want to have lunch with the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir at his Sweetwater Music Hall in California? Or with the Disco Biscuits bassist Marc Brownstein in Philadelphia? How about breaking bread with former White House Chief-of-Staff Peter Rouse in Washington DC, or music entrepreneur Peter Shapiro in New York? They are all members of the board of directors of the non-profit voter registration organization HeadCount, and they’ll be sitting down for private lunches with supporters of the cause.
Visit www.HeadCount.org/lunch for more information or to bid.
Each HeadCount board member is participating in the CharityBuzz.com “Executive Lunch” series, which lets anyone bid on having lunch with a top leader in business or—in this case—politics and music. Other heavy hitters on the board include Andrew Dreskin, founder of the ticketing service Ticketfly that was just acquired by Pandora; former White House aide and current VICE Media COO Alyssa Mastromonaco; SiriusXM DJs Stef Scamardo and Jonathan Schwartz; Bonnaroo co-founder Rich Goodstone; and John McCrea—front man of the band CAKE and founder of the Content Creators Coalition.
The bidding runs through December 2nd and starts at just $200 for each auction - barely the cost of a nice business lunch!
This is the first time HeadCount has run a lunch-series auction with its Board of Directors. “HeadCount is lucky to have a board filled with successful people from all walks of life, be it music, or finance, or politics” said HeadCount Executive Director Andy Bernstein. “Every time I meet with our board I am blown away at their knowledge, insight and most of all, their warmth. We felt like this would be a great opportunity to share their expertise with the world, and raise a little dough.”
Below is the complete list of HeadCount’s board members participating in the lunch series.
· Peter Bahouth - Stereoscopic Photographer, Environmentalist
· Diane Blagman - Senior Director of Governmental Affairs, Greenberg Traurig
· Nicole Boxer - Emmy Award Winning Documentarian
· Marc Brownstein - Bassist, The Disco Biscuits
· Andrew Dreskin - Co-Founder of Ticketfly
· Andy Gadiel - JamBase.com Co-Founder
· Rich Goodstone - Co-Founder of Superfly Presents and Bonnaroo
· Gordon H. Hensley - DC-Based Communications Strategist
· Patrick Jordan - Day-to-Day Manager of Phish and Dave Matthews Band
· Ben Levin - Manager of Wilco and Lucius
· Jonathan Levine - Head of Nashville Office, Paradigm Agency
· David Margulies - Co-Producer of High Sierra Festival
· Alyssa Mastromonaco - COO of VICE Media
· John McCrea - Founding member of CAKE
· Nadia Prescher - Co-Founder of Madison House
· Peter Rouse - Perkins Coie LLP, former White House Chief-of-Staff
· Stef Scamardo - DJ at SiriusXM JamOn, Manager of Warren Haynes, The Revivalists
· Jonathan Schwartz - DJ at SiriusXM JamOn
· Peter Shapiro - Independent Music and Film Entrepreneur
· Steve Simon - Simon Equity Partners
· Ami Spishock - Manager of Grizzly Bear, The War on Drugs and Beirut
· Don Strasburg - VP & Senior Talent Buyer for AEG Rocky Mountains
· Jessy Tolkan - Director, Campaign for Global Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
· Bob Weir - Guitarist, Grateful Dead/RatDog/Dead & Company
· Stephen Yalof - CEO of Simon Premium Outlets
The funds raised from these lunches will go toward HeadCount’s 2016 voter registration campaign, spanning over 1,000 live music events next year. For more information about HeadCount or to volunteer, visit www.HeadCount.org.