The world premiere of the 13th annual Adventure Film Festival & Street Fair at the Boulder Theater is two weeks away! Presented by Intrepid Travel and Patagonia, this three-day, community-driven event showcases a diverse collection of the year’s most groundbreaking independent films from serious exploration to environmental heroism to gripping tales from the edge of the believable. Plus, live performances, interactive art, educational workshops, and insightful speakers that inspire activism through adventure. Get ready to embark on a transformative journey!
Please see the attached Festival Program for the complete schedule, film collection, and more details. Here are some highlights you don’t want to miss!
- Adventure Film Festival Kick-Off at the Great Avery Boulder FLOCKTOBERFEST with live music, film previews, beer garden and street tacos (Friday, 10/6, 5-9:30pm @ Street Fair, 14th St. & Pearl Street Mall)
- 25+ short and feature length films that manifest the spirit of adventure and empower positive change. These adventures are where dreams are born and legends are made. (Saturday & Sunday, 10/7-8)
- First-ever, live on-stage Google Tilt Brush performance with Jeremy Collins. Watch as the Boulder Theater stage transforms into a canvas while Jeremy paints with 3D strokes.
- Special guest appearances by world record-breaking highlliner Faith Dickey, cultural/conservation photographer Jason Houston, Sierra Club Director/adventurer/veteran St
acy Bear, journalist/media producer James Edward Mills, TV host/cyclist/filmmaker Ryan Van Duzer, climber/speaker/disabled veteran Chad Jukes, and Shelma Jun, founder of Flash Foxy, the Women’s Climbing Festival and Never Not Collective. And many more surprises…
- Family & Kid’s Show with Boulder’s beloved Jeff & Paige, short films, Jeremy Collins art, live performances, and mega raffle prizes. After the show the fun continues at the Street Fair with stilt walkers, slacklining, cooking classes, climbing wall, arts and crafts, virtual reality for kids, and interactive games. (Sunday, 10/8, 11am-1pm. FREE admission)
- At the Street Fair, enjoy Avery craft beer and gourmet food pairing at the Intrepid Travel Beer Garden. Explore the eclectic vendor village with the Adventure Art Experience, Patagonia Provisions’ tasting bar, free limited edition AFF/Klean Kanteen pint cups, Flatirons Subarus, Zeal Optics Airstream pop-up shop, Weston’s tiny house and snowcat, Rainbow Sandals and corn hole competition, ShutterBus’ vintage VW photo booth, Sherpa’s Tibetan lounge, NativesOutdoors multi-media experience, outdoor gear pioneers, and much more. (Saturday, 10/7 2-7pm; Sun.10/8 noon-7pm. Live music and Beer Garden until 10pm)
- Go on an adventure, VR style! Deepen the immersion with this cutting-edge form of engaging, experiential and educational storytelling. Explore the magical landscape of Utah’s Bears Ears, climb splitter sandstone desert cracks, come face-to-face with wild animals, and much more. In collaboration with Google, Reality Garage, Patagonia, and visionary artists and filmmakers. (Saturday & Sunday @ Street Fair)
- Live music at the Street Fair by Neon Sines, Dechan Hawk, Paul Kimbiris, Von Disco, El Javi, DJ Tomas, Intuit, Bella Duro, and more local artists. (Saturday & Sunday)
- Yoga & Mimosas with surf legend Gerry Lopez and pro climber Olivia Hsu. Meet at the Zeal Airstream. Followed by mimosas at the Boulder Theater Lounge, and autographs by Gerry Lopez from 1-4pm at the Rainbow booth. (Sunday, 10/8, Gerry Lopez 10-11am; Olivia Hsu 11-12pm)
- Walk & Draw with artist, storyteller, activist and adventurer Jeremy Collins. Register at email@example.com. Walk-ins accepted! (Sunday, 10/8, 9-10:30am @ Boulder Adventure Lodge)
- Outdoor Afro Hike: Black History with writer, speaker and OA Colorado Leader Kriste Peoples. (Sunday, 10/8, 9-10:30am @ Boulder Adventure Lodge) Only 20 spots available. Email info@
adventurefilm.org to sign up!
- Renowned expedition chef, writer and guide Kieran Creevy is traveling from Ireland to teach hands-on Backcountry Gourmet Cooking Workshops that combine athletic nutrition advice with flavors from the Himalayas, Andes, North Africa, and Middle East. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or walk-on in! (Saturday & Sunday @ Street Fair)
- Adventure Film School’s two-day interactive Adventure Filmmaker’s Workshop with industry leaders and world-class adventurers – Shelma Jun, Jason Houston, Gabriel Rovick, Juliana Broste, and Ryan Van Duzer. Register now! https://
adventurefilmschool.com/ ( Saturday & Sunday, 10/7-8)
- Opening Night Afterparty and free concert with LA-based Indie Pop band BEGINNERS and special appearances by Earth Guardians’ Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, Mike Wird, and Namaste. (10/7 @ 10pm. Free concert)
- Mega raffle with over $10,000 worth of outdoor gear. Enter NOW for your chance to win a $2,000 Intrepid Travel voucher and choose your own adventure. Intrepid Sweepstakes: http://escape.
- Tickets are available at the Boulder Theater