Democracy for America is dedicated to supporting candidates for all levels of office and building a grassroots network.
Our goals are:
- To have strong, sustained grassroots involvement in the democratic process.
- To promote an America where candidates and office holders tell the truth about policy choices and stand up for what they believe. The era when politicians equivocate about matters as fundamental as war and peace must end.
- To fight against the influence and agenda of the two pillars of George W. Bush's Washington: the far right-wing and their radical, divisive policies, and the selfish special interests who for too long have dominated politics.
- To fight for progressive policies like health care for all; investment in children; equal rights under law; fiscal responsibility; and a national security policy that makes America stronger by advancing progressive values.
Over the next couple of months we will:
- Recruit and encourage progressive candidates to run for office at every level. We will help them find the resources to campaign successfully with small donations from grassroots supporters, to begin to break the stranglehold special interests have on the political process.
- Raise funds for Congressional candidates for whom financial support could be the key to winning, and whose election will be key to winning back a House of Representatives that has become the tool of the Republican right-wing.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other progressive organizations to maximize resources for candidate recruitment, training, and organization.
- Build relationships with other political initiatives to focus on the failed, destructive policies of the Bush administration.
- Harness the power of the Internet to enlarge and support our grassroots organization committed to taking back America from special interests that control the right wing leadership of our Congress and the White House.
Read Governor Dean's full announcement speech.