The Backline Touring Notebook was created to support individuals who work in the touring music industry, their family members, and partners. Two versions are available: one to work through alongside a partner or loved one, and one to work through individually. The digital guide provides information on tour preparation, communication, transitions, as well as ways to work through thoughts and emotions with the goal of improving overall well-being.
The notebook is divided into six sections: Before Leaving, While On Tour, Returning Home, Self-Care Strategies, Helpful Resources, and Backline Support. The Appendix includes worksheets where individuals can further support their exploration.
- Before Leaving covers communication, agreements, helpful advice for partners and family, establishing rules before hitting the road, tour packing list, and more.
- While On Tour covers resources for navigating feelings and emotions that may come up, tools for practicing self-compassion and conflict resolution, outlets and resources for partners, and more.
- Returning Home covers re-entry after tour, tips for acclimating after tour, communicating expectations when returning home, sharing information with your partner, and more.
- Self-Care Strategies covers short self-care practices, guided meditations, movement, expressive arts, journaling, and more.
- Helpful Resources covers articles, books, and quizzes.
- Backline Support covers all information on Backline’s life-saving services and resources.
The Touring Notebook was inspired by conversations and topics discussed in Backline’s Support Group, OFF THE ROAD: Navigating Relationships with Touring Professionals. The group has hosted over 43 sessions and has supported over 140 individuals navigating relationships with touring professionals.
Donate to Backline HERE