From the Vizztone Label group – Somebody Put Bad Luck On Me is Bob Corritore’s latest masterpiece collection of newly recorded songs featuring a spectacular offering of today’s top blues artists. Bob’s brilliant harmonica work is the connecting thread, effortlessly tying together a great variety of blues styles and always serving the song. This album differs from the “Vaults Series” albums in that these are all freshly recorded tracks and it reflects the best aspects of the blues world that we live in right now. Guest vocalists include Bobby Rush, Thornetta Davis, John Primer, Carl Weathersby, Johnny Rawls, Francine Reed, Oscar Wilson, Eugene Hideaway Bridges, Tia Carroll, Diunna Greenleaf, Willie Buck, Jimi Primetime Smith, Sugaray Rayford, and Lurrie Bell.
In addition to the vocalists, this album features some of today’s best blues instrumentalists, including Bob Margolin, Bob Stroger, Anthony Geraci, Ben Levin, Johnny Burgin, Kid Ramos, Billy Flynn, Bill Stuve, Fred Kaplan, Dave Keyes, Doug James, Johnny Main, Johny Rapp, Yahni Riley, Kedar Roy, Troy Sandow, Mike King, Brian Fahey, June Core, Steven Hodges, Wes Starr and more!
And of course it’s the Bob Corritore production touch that seems to bring out different and extra cool aspects of each artist performance. Bob Corritore seems to keep upping his game with presentations of great vocalists, musicians, songs and vibes. Listening to this album is like going to the best possible blues festival filled with one heartfelt performance after another. Please join Bob Corritore in his blues journey and enjoy his latest and greatest offerings!
When the 25-year-old Bob Coritore moved from Chicago to Phoenix Arizona in 1981, he never expected to be creating a Southwestern Mecca for the Blues — it just worked out that way. Bob was soon joined by old friend Louisiana Red, and before long they were playing all over town. Drummer Chico Chism soon followed. Bob started doing a weekly blues radio show, and in 1991 he opened the now legendary blues club the Rhythm Room. He would book his favorite down-home blues artists at the Rhythm Room, and while these artists were in town he would offer a recording session to accompany the booking. The end results were numerous amazing performances captured for posterity and finally available to the public for the first time via Bob’s “From The Vaults” Series.
Bob continues to produce recordings with today's top blues artists, pairing up in albums featuring Bob with contemporary artists like John Primer, Bob Margolin, and Jimi "Primetime" Smith, along with his star studded "Bob Corritore & Friends" albums.
1. This Little Voice (feat. John Primer)
2. I Need A Whole Lotta Lovin (feat. Thornetta Davis)
3. Midnight Love (feat. Johnny Rawls)
4. Somebody Put Bad Luck On Me (feat. Oscar Wilson)
5. I'm Good As Gone (feat. Bobby Rush)
6. Stranded (feat. Carl Weathersby)
7. Remember Me (feat. Thornetta Davis)
8. I Want To Be Loved (feat. Tia Carroll)
9. If You Don't Want To Love Me (feat. Eugene "Hideaway" Bridges)
10. Goin' Fishin' (feat. Sugaray Rayford)
11. Act Like You Love Me (feat. Lurrie Bell)
12. Draw Me Closer (feat. Francine Reed)
13. Tough Enough (feat. Jimi "Primetime" Smith)
14. I Don't Know (feat. Carl Weathersby)
15. Help The Poor (feat. Diunna Greenleaf)
16. Let Me Find Out Your Name (feat. Willie Buck)
🎧 Somebody Put Bad Luck On Me by Bob Corritore & Friends is available worldwide. Stream it here: https://ffm.to/bcsomebody