Bluegrass and Americana phenom, Lizzy Long, releases her sophomore album, Dreaming Again, today as the follow up to her freshman effort, which peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Bluegrass Chart. This album further showcases Long’s talents as not only an acclaimed instrumentalist, but a vocalist and a songwriter, co-penning five of the songs. The multiple Dove award-winning artist also puts her own unique, rootsy spin on covers of Queen’s “Keep Yourself Alive,” as well as Broadway hits “Memory” from Cats and “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” from Phantom Of The Opera. Produced by Wayne Haun and released as the debut project from Vine Records, listen to the album here.
Lizzy shares, “I’m thrilled to be releasing my new solo project on the Vine Records label. The team at Vine has been so supportive and great to work with. I loved being able to co-write with Wayne Haun and Joel Lindsey on several of the songs, and it was an awesome experience to record vocals at the iconic Capitol Records studio in Los Angeles, Calif. I can’t wait to tour again and share this music with my fans!”
“Lizzy has a unique way of borrowing songs from other genres and reimagining them to fit her perfectly,” states producer, Wayne Haun, adding, “such is the case with Andrew Lloyd Weber’s ‘Memory,’ from the hit Broadway musical Cats, and rock sensation Queen’s ‘Keep Yourself Alive,’ the first single shipped to radio from the project. But originals, including the genuine and homespun ‘Old-Fashioned Heart,’ perfectly round out the album to make it undeniably commercial, undeniably Bluegrass and undeniably Lizzy.”
Long is one of the youngest fiddlers to be inducted into America’s Old-Time Country Hall of Fame and has had the chance to play with legends such as Mac Wiseman, Jim and Jesse, The Lewis Family and Earl Scruggs. Having carved out her own niche in bluegrass, it is no wonder that Long has seen so much success. Keep up to date with Long on her website.
Dreaming Again Track Listing:
1. Fireflies and Falling Stars (Mark “Brink” Brinkman and Louisa Branscomb)
2. Keep Yourself Alive (Brian Harold May)
3. Dreaming Again (Lizzy Long, Joel Lindsey and Wayne Haun)
4. Old-Fashioned Heart (Lizzy Long, Joel Lindsey and Wayne Haun)
5. Cherry Pickin’ (Lizzy Long, Joel Lindsey and Wayne Haun)
6. Woman Scorned (Lizzy Long, Joel Lindsey and Wayne Haun)
7. Memory (Andrew Lloyd Webber, Trevor Nunn, T.S. Elliot and Zdenek Hruby)
8. Final Curtain (Lizzy Long, Joel Lindsey and Wayne Haun)
9. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (Andrew