For this new Jethro Tull collection, the album has been expanded with five unreleased tracks from the recording sessions, including a different take of the single “Working John, Working Joe,” an extended version of “Crossfire” and the outtake “Coruisk.” The 40th anniversary set also includes a live recording from November 1980 of the band’s full concert at the LA Sports Arena. The performance mixed new A tracks (“Black Sunday,” “Batteries Not Included” and “Uniform”) with older hits, like “Aqualung,” “Heavy Horses” and “Songs From The Wood.” A few of these live tracks first appeared in 1981 on Slipstream, a video collection originally released on VHS and Laserdisc. The full Slipstream video, which made its DVD debut in 2004, is also included in this anniversary edition. Here, the content has been newly remixed by Steven Wilson.
- Original album and associated recordings newly remixed by Steven Wilson
- Original album and five associated recordings mixed in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 Surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM
- Full concert from the LA Sports Arena recorded in August 1980
- Full LA Sports Arena concert mixed by Steven Wilson in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 Surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM
- Flat transfer of the original LP master at 96/24 LPCM stereo
- DVD of Slipstream video remixed by Steven Wilson in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 Surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM
- Presented in a case-bound DVD book filled with an extensive history of the album, track-by-track annotations by Anderson, rare photographs and much more